About Restaurant Service
For a memorable meal the quality of the service is something that guests often remember as much as the food and drink served.
That means that restaurant servers must show extensive knowledge of all types of cuisine and dishes, especially the ingredients and cooking style of the dishes on an a la carte menu. They will need to know and understand the methods of preparation and serving, along with the tools used.
Regardless of whether it is a self-service cafeteria or a five star hotel restaurant good manners, a smart appearance, and impeccable personal hygiene are equally essential
The ChallengeCompetitors are required to:
- Present and maintain a professional image throughout the competition
- Identify a range of liqueurs, wines and spirits
- Prepare and serve a range of coffees
- Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- Mix and serve alcoholic beverages
- Dress and set up tables for different dining styles
- Provide restaurant service for different dining styles including table boxing, napkin folding and mise-en-place
- Perform table-side service
- For Scope of Competition, click here.
- For Technical Description, click here.
Mr Kung Teong Wah
Copthorne Kings Hotel Singapore
Deputy Chief Expert
Mr Alvin Neo
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
Ms Lam Shu Ci
School of Engineering
Mr Fu Chuan Chong
School of Hospitality