About Information Network Cabling
The network-cabling technician may work for either a telecommunications or a communications network company. He will use specialist knowledge to design and install Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), and Cable TV. The network-cabling technician constructs the infrastructure of all the telecommunication networks such as those for WAN, LAN and Cable TV. Understanding the characteristics of different types of cables and how they relate to other aspects of a network, is necessary for the creation and development of a successful system. Professionals in Information Network Cabling play vital roles in supporting modern business services.
The ChallengeCompetitors are required to:
- Install and test a campus distribution cabling setup involving UTP, F/UTP, multipair and fiber optic cables.
- Plan, install and test a multimedia cabling project from an outdoor distribution point to indoor multimedia ports.
- Install a fiber distribution enclosure.
- For Scope of Competition, click here.
- For Technical Description, click here.
Mr Tan Puay Leong
Technical Sales Manager
Device Electronics Pte Ltd
Deputy Chief Expert
Mr Eric Ang, RCDD
Manager, Head of Training & Development
LanTro (S) Pte Ltd
Mr Ye Min Htut
Mr Ramanathan Mohandas
Assistant Director (CI)
School of Engineering