About Industrial Control
Automation is of increasing importance in the industrial control of production systems. It requires the ability to troubleshoot, both during installation and in working systems, either across industries or in a specialist area. Industrial control electricians will need a wide range of skills, learning the installation of cables, instruments and control centers, circuit design and programming. Automation technology is developing rapidly, requiring a strong interest in keeping up with the very latest developments.
The ChallengeCompetitors are required to:
- Apply best practices in health and safety in the development of the project
- Install and label automation control panels
- Install and label field devices
- Create programs using Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), parameterize PROFINET bus systems and configure Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Test and commission installed equipment
- For Scope of Competition, click here.
- For Technical Description, click here.
Mr Chern Ann
Offer Marketing and PAE Team Lead
Schneider Electric Singapore
Deputy Chief Expert
Ms Zheng Wanrou
Application & Field Services
Sobono Energy Pte Ltd
Ms Ann Chong
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Mr Toh Ser Khoon
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering