About Graphic Design Technology
Graphic Design Technology can employ a variety of specialists within a single team, which might include a graphic designer, graphic artist, prepress operator, typographer, typesetter, type designer, image manipulation specialist, illustrator, art director, production manager, digital printer, information designer, publisher, or packaging specialist. They work closely with clients from the research and planning stage, through all aspects of the production and printing process, to create a strong visual identity. People working in this industry often work closely with their clients and must be strong communicators so that they can achieve the client’s objectives successfully. They require strong interactive, research, design, and technical skills. In order to have these they need to understand the target audience, markets, trends, and cultural differences and what the client wants. Career opportunities within the industry include a freelancer, business owner, or being employed by an advertising firm, a design firm, a printing company, or a company with a design department.
The ChallengeCompetitors are required to:
- Develop ideas based on customer’s brief
- Understand target markets
- Create layouts applying elements of design
- Apply knowledge on technical production of final layout, noting printing industry quality standards and technical standards
- Save or archive work in file formats for images, illustrations, layouts and interactive PDFs
- Integrate digital media capabilities for visual communication
- For Scope of Competition, click here.
- For Technical Description, click here.
Mr Alfred Wee
Group Creative Director
McCann Worldgroup Singapore
Deputy Chief Expert
Mr Chris Soh
Executive Creative Director
PWC Experience Centre SEAC
Mr Atlantis Tay
Senior Technical Executive
School of Design
Mr Yue Keng Mun
Aviation Research Centre
School of Engineering